UIT is always working hard to adapt so we can best facilitate the current and future IT needs of Undergraduate Education. Please do not hesitate to reach us for IT support, recommendations and purchasing of all hardware, software, and services. We are here to assist you with UIT services or direct you to the right place for campus provided IT services. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you are experiencing any issues with your UIT laptop.
Connect With Us
Support Hours: Monday – Friday 8am to 5pm (excluding university holidays)
Zoom Office Hours: monthly (usually on a Thursday 1-2:30pm)
For your information…
- Tickets: It is important to have a ticket for any questions or requests to UIT. Tickets allow us to monitor, distribute and prioritize your requests among the student and professional staff on our operations, systems, and development teams. When you email our help desk, a ticket is automatically created. If you call us, we will gladly create a ticket on your behalf.
- Timeline: We are a very small team and sometimes unable to help right away, especially for troubleshooting tasks that require significant research (we don’t always have immediate solutions available). UIT is working on a “Service Level Agreement” we expect to publish that shows targets for how long we typically expect routine requests to be completed.
- Urgent Issues: We always appreciate your patience, especially when we are short on staff. However, if you ever need immediate assistance or feel a request has been unresolved for too long, please do not hesitate to call our help desk so we can try to find a way to re-prioritize our work queues.
- Projects: For complex or non-routine requests, UIT will ask you to coordinate with your UIT Advisory Group representative. Please let us know if you do not know your representative.
- Input: We love feedback – please let us know if you have suggestions, concerns, or appreciation for the work we are doing!